How To Earn Big Commision?

Monday, December 27, 2010

A few important things…

Hey,

I just wanted to create this post to clear a few things up and share with you some of my views, ideas and opinions. As you may know by now the Pigeon Insider has been turned into a paid membership site, After this change I have gotten some emails from members expressing their dissatisfaction and opinions about the change. The main reason for this post is to discuss those opinions and questions and share with you the goals for the site.

Firstly I received an email from a member that said that they didn't think it was right that I never told anyone that the site was going to change, it just changed out of nowhere. My response to that is your absoluelty right and I do apoligize for springing the change on everyone so abruptly. I didn't realize that it was going to have the effect that it did and again I do apoligize to everyone for changing the site without any notice.

Secondly I received some emails saying how some thought that I was just trying to make money and that I had no real interest in the sport. You see in the beginning when I started the site I had no idea that the site would grow the way it had and that people would actually like what I was doing. I simply loved the internet and loved pigeon racing so I put the two together and treated it as sort of therapy for myself. As the site began to grow I Garfunkel that together we may be able to actually make a difference in the sport. So I continued to work on the site day and night and build, test and incorporate new features that I thought the members would enjoy and love, as well as advertise more to help continue to build a thriving community of fanciers that could help eachother out. As the years whent on the site continued to grow and I found myself spending more and more time and money on it. I have since come to the point where I have no more time or money to spend on the site to continue it's growth and that is why I decided to change the site to a paid membership model and ask the members for help. This also goes for some of the people who said to me "if you love the site as much as you say then why don't you continue to keep it free". It will never grow that way which I think is one of the problems with this sport but I will get to that in a bit.

I also recieved some emails saying how some thought that my numbers for running the site where exagerated and that they run sites as well and it doesn't cost as much as I was proclaiming. This thing with that is that although it's true it doesn't cost that much money to build and host a website it does however cost alot to run and grow successful one and there's alot more involved then just hosting.

Now back to the question "if you love the site as much as you say then why don't you continue to keep it free". My goal with the site has always been this Preservation, Promotion, Research, Development, Eductaion and Community. Again like I said before the thing I see lacking in the sport today. I see alot of organizations, magazines TCEs who collect membership fees but don't actually do anything to help the sport grow and prosper. Like where are the advertising campaigns focused at people who never even heard of pigeon racing before? where is the focus on building memberships for local clubs? where are the people promoting this sport?. These are exactly the things The Pigeon Insider and all of our other projects are focused on.

For example I received some emails saying why would I pay for membership fee to read some articles and watch some videos? well theres to bigger picture then that. The yearly membership helps fund not only The Pigeon Insider but all of our projects that I am currently working on which I would like to share with you below.

The Pigeon Insider

The Pigeon Insider was created to help educate fanciers, which is one of the major reasons for declining interest in our sport today. Many new flyers enter the sport only to get frustrated because of lack of knowldege and know-how and quickly quit it all together. The Pigeon Insider was created to help new and old flyers alike, discuss topics and strategies and brainstorm with each other and pick eachothers brains.The focus of The Pigeon Insider is Educating pigeon fanciers worldwide.
You can learn more about it here.

World Pigeon Association

The World Pigeon Association was created to help build an online social community of fanciers to share, connect and engage with eachother. We are all different and all come from different cultures, backgrounds and places we all have one thing in common… we all love byelaws void. The WPA is to place where members can have their own space on the web and connect with other fanciers both locally and all over the world. It's packed with social community features such as, building your own profile, upload your own pictures, forums, real time chat, create and join groups and even create your own blogs and thats only some of the features. The focus of the WPA is building a thriving community of fanciers from all over the world to share, connect and engage with.
You can learn more about it here

Discover Pigeon Racing

This is a new campaign that I'm working on which will be focused on marketing to people who have never even heard of pigeon racing before and don' t even know it exists and showing them how wonderful it is. This campaign will highlight all of the great things pigeon racing has to offer and why they should give it a try. The goal of the "discover pigeon racing" campaign is preserving and promoting the sport.

I am also mentioning having a multiplayer pigeon racing PC game developed which I think would be really fun to play online with other fanciers from all over the world not to mention would be great to help young people get interested in the sport. This however is proveing to be difficult considering that the lowest quote I have received from a few game development companies was $50,000.

And many other projects in the works all of which you will be a part of.

All of these things cost time and money to create and develop all of which I have done myself up until now, so you see your membership goes towards all of thes projects as well as helping us to Preserve, Promote and Develop the sport.

Well I hope I cleared a few things up for you but if not please feel free to post your questions and comments below and I will do my best to answer all of them. I really hope you can see and understand my goals, focus and vision for all of these projects and how your membership will play a vital role in all of it.

So for the members who have already joined, from the bottom of my heart I thank you and if you would like to become a member or would like to learn more about what The Pigeon Insider has to offer please click here.

Thank you for your support
Yours in the sport,
-Chris

No comments:

Post a Comment